BOOKING AT RAR BAR
To submit your band for consideration, please email the following if applicable: website/facebook/bandcamp/soundcloud/instagram etc.. as well as a brief description of your music
R’a’R BAR ONLY ACCEPTS SUBMISSIONS BY ARTISTS PERFORMING ORIGINAL MATERIAL – NO COVER BANDS PLEASE
· We promote all shows on our website and social media and we ask that you please make this easy for us by sending us posters, links, bios, images, press and anything that will help us promote you.
· You must promote your show on your social media as well. Please tag RaR Bar and use #rarbarlic where applicable. We want you to do your best to bring people to your show. We both want the same thing out of this, so it doesn’t do either of us any good if you don’t bring anyone.
PERFORMING at R’a’Rbar
· Sets are 45 minutes or 90 minutes usually starting at 9pm with some earlier spots on weekends.
· PA available with 2 mics, 2 stands with more inputs open – bring your own drums & amps.
· Compensation is $50 bar tab for bands, $20 for solo performers – includes food & drink.
· Tip jar is available
· If you bring people & show consistent good draw you earn a percentage of the sales during your set.
call to artists
We are seeking submissions of work from local NYC based artists whose work falls within the genre of installation art. The work considered would be of wide ranging mediums and forms but must be able to transform the perception of our space. Installations could be by single artists or collaborations.
· The artwork should not interfere with the daily routine of RaR Bar – the installations must allow for RaR Bar’s business to run without changes or interferences
· All artwork and materials must be contained and safe for a food establishment (ex. No dusty or sandy particles that spread around, no fumes, no liquids or chemicals etc.)
· Artists are solely responsible for the installation and dismantling of their work and must provide all necessary tools and materials.
· The exhibition will be on view for 60 days
· After the closing of the exhibition artists must return the space to its original condition.
· Ask questions if a part of your proposal hinges on something related to the space that you are not sure about (ex. hanging from the ceiling, building a false floor, painting everything black). Send me a short email asking if it’s possible, and I’ll be happy to let you know. Proposals that aren’t realistic for our space cannot be accepted.
· This installation series is open to NYC based artists as we cannot finance shipping/ travel costs.
Please include the artists CV and links to samples of their work as well as the estimated time frame for production and installation. We strongly recommend you come see the space before submitting your application.
· We will host and Opening Night Party as well as promote the event
book an event
do you have an event you want us to host?
RaR Bar is a great space for all kinds of events. if you are considering our space for your private event or have an idea for a public event that you want us to hear about let us know here.